Just sharing a recipe I was searching for Jam Drops:
- 125g butter, softened
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 200g self-raising flour
- 115g (1/3 cup) strawberry or raspberry jam
- Pre heat your oven to 180 deg C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar and vanilla extract until very light and creamy. Add the egg and mix until well combined.
- Proceed to sift the flour into the creamed butter mixture and fold everything together until you have a soft but useable dough. If you find it’s sticky add some flour a little at a time until you reach the correct consistency.
- Using floured hands shape a teaspoonful of dough into a ball and place on a baking tray a few cms apart. Using your floured index finger pierce the center of each ball to make a well. Spoon half a teaspoon of jam into each biscuit.
- Bake in the oven for 15 mins or until the jam drops are nice and golden (shouldn’t be more than 15 mins).
- Serve with milk, tea, coffee or eggnog.
A little entertainment
And to finish off with something more sweet, have you seen the latest video of Jimmy Choo's collaboration with artist Rob Pruitt ?
Check it out here:
Jimmy Choo announced a collaboration with contemporary artist Rob Pruitt on a capsule collection for the Cruise 2013 Collection.
The range of accessories will include shoes, handbags, and small leather goods all referencing the inimitable style of Pruitt’s art.
The products are set to debut in Jimmy Choo boutiques and online in November 2012
Personally, I just can't wait to see what we can expect from this collaboration.
What I do know is that I will be saving up!